In search of a delicious, libido-boosting recipe to gift your Valentine this year? We’ve got you covered! You can make this homemade chocolate with just a handful of essential ingredients – virgin coconut oil, coconut butter, cacao powder, and pure maple syrup. (Feel free to use whichever liquid sweetener you prefer). Plus, a few added boosts for the festive mood – libido-enhancing maca powder, beet powder, and a delicious and relaxing boost of Onda’s Whole Hemp CBD.
The virgin coconut oil replaces the cocoa butter found in traditional chocolate, so while you need to store in the freezer, it’s a great way to sneak some coconut oil into your day. You can also use any topping variations you’d like – dried fruit, nuts, and seeds all work wonderfully. Please take note that coconut oil-based chocolate melts much faster than regular chocolate, so be sure to keep it chilled until ready to enjoy.
Libido-Boosting Dark Chocolate Bark
serves 2-5, 60-150 mg CBD total
- 1/4 cup raw or pre-roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3 droppers Whole Hemp CBD Infusion (regular or extra strength)
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut butter (not necessary but adds texture and creaminess)
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 1 tablespoon beet powder
- 1/4 cup dried strawberries, roughly chopped
- flaked sea salt to taste
- Toast the almonds, nuts or seeds: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Toast the nuts/seeds on a rimmed baking sheet until fragrant and turning lightly golden on the edges, about 6 to 9 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a cutting board and roughly chop them. Otherwise, you can use pre-roasted almonds or nuts/seeds.
- In the meantime, melt the coconut butter, coconut oil, and Onda Whole Hemp CBD oil in a heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Once melted, stir in the cacao, maca, and beet powders. (Alternatively, you can heat dark chocolate chunks or chips without using coconut oil or butter, stir in beet, and maca powder once the chocolate is about 70% melted. Remove from heat and stir until fully dissolved.)
- Stir in the majority of almonds to the chocolate batter. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet or a bread pan with parchment paper. Use a silicone or rubber spatula to spread chocolate evenly over the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the chopped dried strawberries, rosebuds, and or coconut flakes evenly over the chocolate. If you’re adding flaky salt, crush it between your fingers as you sprinkle it over the chocolate.
- If you’re in a hurry, place the pan on a flat surface in the freezer to harden for about 15 minutes. If you’re not, let the chocolate cool at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours until completely frozen.
- Once the chocolate is completely frozen, use your hands or a knife to break it into about 25 pieces. Serve immediately or cover and store in the freezer for to up to 3 months.
Chocolate Bark Variations
For this recipe, you’ll need about 3/4 cup toppings. Choose from any of the following, and chop or crush them if they’re large:
- Nuts: almonds, cashews, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, or macadamias (skies the limit!)
- Seeds: hemp seeds or pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- Dried fruit: dehydrated strawberries or blueberries, dried cranberries, cherries, or apricots
- Dried flowers: food-grade rosebuds, chamomile, or lavender
- Candied citrus or ginger
- Coconut: dried unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- Pretzels: yum!
- nut butter: almond, peanut, cashew or sunflower seed to swirl in with the melting chocolate
- Sea salt: flaked is the best as a finishing salt
Make it a Gift Set!
Wrap this beauty up (but be sure to gift immediately to eat or chill!) and pair it a Whole Hemp CBD tincture so your Valentine or Galentine can make this recipe at home, and present alongside our favorite libido-boosting body oil, Libido Femme, to keep the sensational vibes going all night long.
Enjoy ‘PLEASURENOW’ for 20% off Libido Femme, but hurry! Today is the last day to ship out in time for Valentine’s Day.